This is fantastic fun in the desert for off-road fans with some experience. Will show you that the desert has another side to it, apart from dry and dusty.
We start on the Island of Djerba off the coast of Tunisia. From there we will go along and cross the Gulf Bou Grara and then over the dam by Zarzis. Berfore we scale the dunes, our group will wait in Matmata and enjoy a special overnight stay in a hotel, Berber style. It is a luxurious cavern which is well equipped for our stay. During the day we will change our hotel for Berber tents and a wonderful bath under palm trees in warm spring water at the Oasis Ksar Ghilane.
For two days we go deeper into the desert. As there is no set path or trail here we surf with our Enduro machines through the sand, leaving our trail behind us in the warm desert dunes. Have we lost our way? No problem! With our GPS device we find our way to the shore of the salt sea Chott el Jerid, which looks like a shiny mirror in the sunlight.
After all of these great efforts in the desert sun we go from Tozeur at a comfortable pace to the mountain oasis Tamerza. After spending days seeing only various shades of yellow, Ochre and Brown, we now see lively green, freshly picked dates, and other pleasurable sights.
When our bikes reach firm ground again on the sixth day, we will miss that swimming while riding feeling, even when we no longer get sand between our teeth. Every coin has two sides!
1. Day Meet in Djerba. Receive the Motorbikes, and drive across the island to the mainland until we reach the Oasis Matmata. Overnight stay in a luxurious cavern hotel. Circa. 150 km slope, 50 % asphalt, 50% gravel.
2. Day Good slopes to Ksar Ghilane, circa. 100 km.
3. Day Pure desert. Driving predominatlely using GPS.
4. Day Driving in a easterly direction through, dunes, slopes and sand.
5. Day In the morning, we will do a stroll in Tozeur.In the afternoon we will leisurely drive into the mountain oasis Tamerza.
6. Day Over the heaped up dam across to Chott el Jerid until we reach Douz, circa. 100 km Asphalt, 80 km gravel.
7. Day Back through Matmata to Djerba, circa. 80 km slope, 100 km Street. Closing celebration.
8. Day Spare Day and Return flight home.
Overnight in a double room, Half-board, Transfers, Motorcycle transport from Europe to Djerba and back again, Baggage transport in accompanying vehicle, Tour guide, Maps, GPS-Co-ordinates, Navigational training, Driver training in the sand, Tour momento.
Flights, Lunch in Restaurants, Coffee breaks, Beverages, Gas, Cancellation Insurance.