That bikers do not believe in half measures is well known. For those of you who are addicted to curves and slopes, there is only one way to travel in the Pyrenees: through them! Imagine traveling 1500 km from the Mediterranean to the Atlantic. The Tour begins in L´Escala, directly on the Mediterranean not far from Girona. We will be traveling along the Spanish-French border. Say goodbye to tourist traps, and get ready for a week of adventure in the Pyrenees. Until we reach Andorra we will be riding uphill through diverse alpine-like scenery. On these lonely streets and mountain slopes there is virtually no traffic! At 2500 meters of elevation we will come to the Pena Montanesa, where we will stop and enjoy the spectacular view.
Crossing the Sierra de Loarre we will travel by the cliffs of Riglos which are occupied by birds and their eggs. In Sos del Rey we will spend some time walking through before we follow the Pilgrim's Trail from Camino de Santiago to the reservoir Embalse de Yesa.
From here begins the Basquian Navarra. Grapes, beech trees, dust and hot motors is what you see. The streets are in an excellent condition thanks to money from the EU and are very curvy. A more perfect area for driving your motorbike in Europe is hard to find. The last half-day in this stage will bring us to the Atlantic, where we will relax in a first class hotel. Whoever can remember the color of the Mediterranean can now compare it to the Atlantic!
We want to offer this tour for riders of all skill levels. As a result there are three different levels of difficulty. It ranges from a simple tour over paved streets, to challenging variations with more gravel than pavement. This tour can be traveled from east to west; as well as the opposite direction, from the Atlantic to the Mediterranean.
1. Day Meet in Barcelona, guided city tour, take over rental bike, ride 100km to L´Escala. Welcome dinner directly at the beach.
2. Day Motorcycletour along Mediterrean See into the province of Garrotxa and to CdB base Casa Mieres.
3. Day Mieres to Andorra, a highlight of the tour, a great mixture between twisty roads and scenic offroad.
4. Day Over the white-water rafting centre Llavorsi to Aragon. here the highest mountains of the Pyrenees are near enough to touch. There might be still some snow on the way. Overnight in Benasque.
5. Day From Benasque over thePuerto de SAHUN and the gorge of Rio Vellos to Torla, at PN Ordesa y Monte Perdido
6. Day We follow the Rio Gallegos to West and reach the Parador of Sos del Rey
7. Day Crossing Navarra on unique twisty roads without traffic. Overnight near Elizondo
8. Day Half day ride to Hondarribia, relax and final party !
9. Day Individual trip home.. or we take you by bus to Barcelona... See you next time.
8 overnights in dbl/twin room in hotels, guest houses and pensions, half-board, luggage transport in accompanying vehicle, guided tour through Barcelona, tour organization, tour map, tourguide. Christoph del Bondio
Flights, Lunch, Single room, Lunch, Beverages, Gas, Cancellation Insurance. Price for rental bike depending on model.